Velocitek's newest product, The Velocitek Shift, takes some of the challenging aspects of racing and makes them simple for you to understand. The Velocitek Shift allows you to see shifts at a single glance. With big numbers and bold arrows, you can easily see how much you are headed or lifted. The numbers themselves, are 1.5" high (38mm) and can easily be read from over 100 ft (30m) away. The Shift's high contrast LCD will also show up crystal clear through your polarized sunglasses. The user interface on the Shift is simple and works well under the harshest conditions due to its oversized buttons that allow you store port and starboard reference angles on the fly.
The Shift uses a combination of solid-state accelerometers, gyroscopes and magnetic sensors to completely track the orientation of your boat in 3 dimensions. The result is aerospace-grade heading indication that is smoother and more responsive than any other tactical compass on the market.
When you hear or see any type of start signal just hit the GUN button. If the timer isn’t running, it will start. If the timer is running it will sync. Once the timer is sync'ed you can independently adjust minutes while the seconds keep counting down.
The Shift also comes with a red LED backlight that won’t ruin your night vision. The battery's good for over 60 hours of sailing in the dark.
Even the best lithium batteries don't last forever. The Shift was designed to make it easy for you to replace the product's battery yourself. Replacement batteries are available here: Velocitek Shift Battery
The Shift does not use any GPS technology. For the most conservative one design classes, the Shift even comes with a static-cling label that covers the wind shift indicator.
- Heading Repeatability: ±0.5°
- Display Update Rate: 4Hz (four times a second)
- Water Resistance: Complete immersion for 30 min. at 3m / 10ft (IPX-8)
- Display: 38mm / 1.5” digit height 120° viewing cone
- Battery: 900mAh Lithium Polymer, 100 hr endurance (60 hr with backlight)
- Solar Panel: 120 x 27 mm (4.7 x 1") polycrystalline silicon
- Dimensions: 158mm x 100mm x 47mm / 6.2” x 3.9” x 1.9”
- Weight: 417g / 0.92lb
- Compatible Brackets: Shift Offset Mast Bracket, Shift Low Profile Mast Bracket, and Shift Bulkhead Standoffs.
- Warranty: One year